Main page / SafenSoft presents "The guidelines on best practices for security of ATM" by ATMIA
SafenSoft presents "The guidelines on best practices for security of ATM" by ATMIA
Michael Kalinichenko, SafenSoft CEO
Learn to prevent hacks of ATM information security
In October 2011 was released the official version of the second edition of the «Guide on best practices for ATM security» by ATMIA, document, designed to ensure the propagation of best practice ATMs security management worldwide.
For Russian readers the text of the guidelines is the company SafenSoft is a provider of solutions to ensure the information security of self-service devices. SafenSoft is one of the two Russian companies that participate in the life of the international community ATMIA and included in the team of this guide authors.
The specialists of ATMIA developed a list of recommendations for information security ATMs. This list includes 15 major provisions:
SafenSoft, 2004-2021. All rights are reserved.
- Binding security software to its life cycle
- Multilevel security system
- Effective methods of compliance in the field of software
- Advanced methods of developing software for ATMs
- Advanced approaches to installing software for ATMs
- Monitoring and administration of ATMs, update software
- The system of protection of ATM: firewalls, antiviruses, application whitelisting, port security and patching («patches»)
- Advanced methods cryptographic protection and the boot keys
- Advanced maintenance methods
- Password policy to ATMs
- Physical security of the ATM computer
- Prevent decompilation software
- Integrated protection payments
- System for reducing the risk of internal fraud
- Advanced methods of informing about fraud’s cases